Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
The contest is open for:
+ All Vietnamese citizens living in and outside Vietnam and are at least 15 years of age.
+ Non-Vietnamese citizens who have been travelling or living in Vietnam and are at least 15 years of age.
Entrants must be at least 15 years of age to be considered eligible for the contest.
An eligible submission must fulfill following requirements:
- Is self-taken by the entrant and its contest must be about Vietnam, whether it is about the people. nature, culture, destinations, history, etc. Photos taken from the Internet AND/OR do not belong to the entrant will be disqualified.
- Is shared on the entrant’s personal social media account (Facebook/Instagram) or #WHYVIETNAM’s official Fanpage.
- Has included the hashtag #WHYVIETNAM along with an answer to the question “Why do you love Vietnam”/”Why do you choose Vietnam?”.
- Was not submitted to any previous photo contests. The content must not contain sexually explicit, nude, obscene, violent or other objectionable or inappropriate content.
Is submitted at 23:59 Sunday 18th December 2016 at the latest.
Photos that have been retouched/enhanced (adjusting colors / contrast / sharpness / noise, etc) using a software or photo editing app are considered eligible. However, any attempt to manipulate photos unethically such as combining multiple photos into one final image OR editing photos that violate or infringe upon another person's rights will be immediately disqualified.
Entrants are encouraged to keep their original photos (>5MB, jpg, png, jpeg format) and submit them to #WHYVIETNAM for promotional purposes in case they become winners.
There is no restriction on the number of entries one can submit. #WHYVIETNAM encourages entrants to submit as many photos as possible in order to build a rich visual library of Vietnam’s nature, people, cuisine and so on. Each photo will be counted as one separate entry.
01 eligible vote is a non-cheating and unique social media Like, Share and Comment.
All acts of voting manipulation that lead to a suddenly increased number of Like, Comment and Share are considered cheating.
Entrants who are found guilty of cheating will be eliminated from the contest immediately. Their entries will also be automatically removed by #WHYVIETNAM.
Each entry will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- 50% on the number of online votes (based on the cumulative number of social media Like, Share and Comment)
- 30% on aesthetic quality, creativity, originality, etc.
- 20% on the appeal of the caption and its ability to urge the community to participate and support #WHYVIETNAM
Entrants can submit their work and call for social media Like, Share and Comment until 23:59 Sunday 18th December 2016.
The winners and winning entries will be announced at 14:00 Tuesday 20th December 2016 via #WHYVIETNAM’s official Fanpage.
Each entrant can win MAXIMUM 01 prize. In case an entrant submits more than 01 entry, #WHYVIETNAM will select and award only the entry that has most online votes.
The prizes are non-monetary so winners can't redeem them for cash.